LEI Worldwide – Terms & Conditions
By accessing and using this website http:/www.lei-worldwide.com, you accept and agree to be bound by the terms and provision of this agreement. In addition, when using this websites particular services, you shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such services, which may be posted and modified from time to time. All such guidelines or rules are hereby incorporated by reference into the Terms and Conditions.
Any participation in this site will constitute acceptance of this agreement. If you do not agree to abide by the Terms laid out on this page, please do not continue to use this website.
Please not that LEI Worldwide act on behalf of our clients and cater for all of their LEI requirements. We do not offer legal or financial advice, and anything stated on this website should not be considered as such. We have a detailed knowledge of the LEI system and our website provides a service that allows legal entities and LOU’s connect easily. If you would like any clarification on any of the statements on this website please get in touch with us.
LEI Registration Process LEI Worldwide exercise the right to act on behalf of our clients and complete the registration process directly with the relevant LEI issuer.
The LEI service is provided by LEI Worldwide, a service provided by Revington Hayes ltd. LEI Worldwide is an Official Registration Agent.
1. To apply for an LEI code, fill in the application form, submit your data and pay for the service by credit card or PayPal. Bank Transfer to the LEI Worldwide bank account will also be made available.
2. The applicant agrees that while submitting the form he/she accepts the terms and conditions.
The applicant gives all rights to LEI Worldwide to apply for an LEI code on the client's behalf. The applicant confirms that He/She has the full authority to apply for an LEI on behalf of the Legal Entity.
The applicant will be required to check a box that states they are authorised to complete the application and provide authorisation to LEI Worldwide, and that they fully understand the Terms & Conditions laid out herein.
3. LEI Worldwide will start with the LEI registration process once the client has made the payment.
Please understand that in certain instances LEI Worldwide may request from the client a letter of authorization or any other proof that the applicant is authorized to act on behalf of the entity. We may also request entity documentation such as a Certificate of Incorporation which will show proof of address in the interest of verification and LEI Data Quality.
If the client has submitted insufficient data, LEI Worldwide will contact the client via e-mail or submitted telephone number. In the case of these documents not being submitted or refused LEI Worldwide will not issue a refund.
4. The LEI code will be issued as soon as possible after the payment has been made. In most cases the LEI code will be issued in 24 hours. However, in some cases, it may take up to a full week.
LEI renewal/transfer process can take up to 7 days. Depending on the number of applications, or verification process the LEI timeframe can be affected.
5. The purchase will be counted as final if the data has been submitted and funds paid. Once the funds have been paid, we will proceed with the registration/renewal process at which point we incur the cost of registration/renewal and a refund will not be given after this point.
Please be aware; once a transfer application has been submitted, and a Letter of Authorisation supplied we are unable to issue refunds in the case of a cancelled transfer application. This is because we are required to purchase the import from the system up front and will have incurred this cost already. If the customer has paid for multi-year renewal and transfer we may issue a refund for the additional years minus a sum of up to €50 as a handling fee to cover the associated costs.
6. Refund Policy
6.1 To apply for a refund, contact [email protected]
6.2. Refunds will be issued within 7 days. Please note that refund times vary by bank. It can take up to 30 days for the refund to arrive.
6.3. LEI Worldwide has the right to charge a refund fee of €50 per refund. This is cover for work completed on the order, document preparation, banking and payment processor fees and time allocated to updating and modifying the LEI index on your behalf.
6.3.1 LEI Worldwide has the right to deny a submitted application. In cases of denial, LEI Worldwide will refund to the client the amount paid minus the cost to cover the refund fees.
6.4. The customer is entitled to request a refund if they do not meet any of the conditions mentioned in point 6.5.
6.5. LEI Worldwide has the right to deny any refunds if:
6.5.1. The application has been counted as final.
6.5.2. The automatic renewal of an LEI has been completed.
6.5.3. The customer has ordered a multiyear renewal of their LEI (e.g., a 5-year LEI) and discovers later that they no longer need an active LEI.
6.5.4. The customer transfers the LEI to a different service provider before their pre-paid renewal period ends.
6.5.5. Days from the renewal period of the LEI are lost because the customer transfers and renews an LEI managed by a service provider, and the “next renewal date” of the LEI is more than 60 days away.
6.5.6. Days from the renewal period of an international branch’s LEI are lost because of aligning the “next renewal date” of the branch’s LEI to the “next renewal date” of its head office’s LEI.
6.5.7. An LEI cannot be issued, renewed, or transferred due to the customer failing to provide the required information in the course of 60 days. The information required can include but is not limited to:
- a Letter of Authorisation (LoA)
- proof of authorisation/evidence of authority (EoA)
- documents that show who the authorised representatives of the legal entity are
- registration documents
- documents that show the creation date of the legal entity
- documents that show when amendments to the legal entity data were made
- documents to verify consolidation or fund relationships
- the LEI of the head office or umbrella fund
- any other documents/ information related to the legal entity.
- 6.5.8. After validating the organisations structure (level II) data provided, it transpires that at least one of the parent companies does not consolidate accounts.
6.5.9. The customer ordered an LEI from LEI Worldwide, and duplicate records exist. At this point we will have incurred the cost of searching the Global index and cross checking against your entity for matches and submitting a payment for the application with the relevant LOU.
6.5.10. A refund may not be issued in the case that an LEI renewal/transfer is ordered and the customer cancels. At the point of sale our registration team will begin preparing the documentation necessary for renewal authorisation, and an LEI renewal ticket is submitted to the LEI system.
At this point we will have partially incurred the costs associated with carrying out the service ordered.
6.5.11. Completing the registration form requires a payment that is non-refundable, even if it is discovered that the entity already existed in the database. It is recommended that the applicant ensures they are not already registered on the global database before proceeding.
6.6. LEI Worldwide will adhere to the refund period as detailed under the GLEIF RA Governance Framework.
7. For the convenience of customers LEI Worldwide offers a service to prepay renewal fee in advance for 1 year, 3 years or 5 years.
If the client has bought LEI renewal service for 3 or 5 years LEI Worldwide will cover the renewal cost for the period bought and renew the company data in GLEIF database every year accordingly with the data provided in public company registry.
LEI Worldwide will ask the client for an e-mail to confirm the data extracted from the company registry before submitting it for next renewal. If the client does not respond in 5 weekdays, LEI Worldwide will update the data according to public company registry and submit it to GLEIF database through a relevant LOU.
8. Regardless if the client has bought renewal service for 1 year, 3 years or 5 years, LEI data will be updated every year accordingly. Hence the “NEXT RENEWAL DATE” in GLEIF database is always not more than 1 year in the future.
9. Governing law This agreement and any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of the Republic of Ireland.
10. Jurisdiction Each party irrevocably agrees that the courts of Ireland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim (including non-contractual disputes or claims) arising out of or in connection with this agreement or its subject matter or formation.
Prices and payment terms:
1. Applicable prices are shown on the Pricelist page, although may vary from time to time or on a case by case basis.
2. LEI Worldwide will not charge customers for managing the LEI code. Customers will be charged only for applying for an LEI or renewal of the LEI code.
3. We accept credit card, PayPal and Bank Transfer payments. LEI Worldwide does not store credit card data. Credit card payments are processed by a third party and data submitted will be stored safely in their database. This data is not bypassed to LEI Worldwide.
4. Payments will be accepted in EURO.
We reserve the right to restrict access to areas of our website, or indeed our whole website, at our discretion; you must not circumvent or bypass, or attempt to circumvent or bypass, any access restriction measures on our website.
We do not warrant or represent: (i) the completeness or accuracy of the information published on our website; (ii) that the material on the website is up to date; or (iii) that the website or any service on the website will remain available.
Without prejudice to our other rights under these terms and conditions, if you breach these terms and conditions in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms and conditions in any way, we may:
(i) send you one or more formal warnings;
(ii) temporarily suspend your access to our website;
(iii) permanently prohibit you from accessing our website;
(iv) block computers using your IP address from accessing our website;
(v) contact any or all of your internet service providers and request that they block your access to our website;
(vi) commence legal action against you, whether for breach of contract or otherwise.
These Terms & Conditions can be updated or amended at any time.